Navy Science & Technology (S&T) Support (5+ years relevant experience) (Full-time / Part-time Employment)
Position Description: The Mid-Level Program Engineer / Scientist positions will provide technical, engineering, analytical, and program management support services to ONR Code 33 in support of a variety of naval technology programs including advancing the development and transition of technologies supporting surface and sub-surface platforms, Advanced Naval Power Systems, Advanced Platform Concepts, Platform Survivability, Sea Basing Systems, National Naval Responsibility and overall technical support of ONR Code 33. Specifically, the Mid-Level Program Engineers / Scientists will work under the guidance of the Fulcrum Support Team Leadership and Sr. Program Engineers / Scientists to provide the ONR Program Officers with support a number of the following areas:
- Development of technology roadmaps.
- Development of transition plans for technology products to engineering development and deployment in the fleet.
- Conducting or reviewing focused studies and analyses to justify or validate technical or budget decisions related to S&T program objectives.
- Coordination of program activities with other services and joint activities.
- International Project Agreement (PA) activities required to support the initiation, execution, and management of the PA as well as preparation, review, and release of project information in accordance with DoD and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Preparation of required documentation in support of the Future Naval Capabilities (FNCs) including development and review of business, execution, and expenditure plans and tracking and reporting of product progress.
- Coordination of the selection and funding process for program technology proposals, as well as the development of specific Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) solicitations and the coordination of the review process for these announcements.
- Technical management of the program including assessment of performance in terms of technical objectives, costs and schedule.
- Reviewing, identifying and assessing emerging requirements, technologies, capabilities, concepts, tactics of interest, and possible teaming relationships.
- Development of alternative S&T project priorities, goals and objectives.
- Performing studies and evaluations of the strategic positioning of a portfolio of related S&T programs with respect to the investment mix and customer alignment, and conduct sensitivity analyses of the portfolio.
- Assessing technology affordability and develop strategies for technologies for promoting the investment portfolio mix to better drive Naval affordability.
- Evaluating technical progress and plans in S&T programs, make recommendations for coordinating, augmenting, changing emphasis of, or broadening scope of, S&T programs as a result of visits, attendance at meetings, and general surveys of relevant technologies.
- Evaluating program/project planning, investment reviews, technology assessments, data analyses, conference and seminar activities, and financial issues.
- Providing technical support services and coordination for Integrated Product Team (IPT) and other purpose meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Analyzing, summarizing, and integrating information received from any source and prepare technical assessment reports and briefings.
- Preparing notes, assessments, speeches, technical journal articles, articles for industry-specific publications, and other materials on various technical topics, as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates will work as part of a team of Fulcrum and Government professionals supporting a variety of programs.
All candidates must:
- Communicate complex issues, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Monitor and report on project activities and resources to mitigate risk throughout the project life cycle.
- Perform a variety of duties to assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of different Navy programs and operations.
- Be proficient in the use of commercial software packages such as Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Power Point, Project, Outlook and Excel) and Sharepoint.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in S&T, engineering or other related technical field is required. Military service of a related technical nature may be substituted.
- Be a US citizen and possess a current SECRET level security clearance
- Candidates should have either:
- A Master’s degree from a fully accredited institution in a technical field such as engineering or other closely related field, with 5 years of relevant experience or;
- A Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited institution in a technical field such as engineering or other closely related field with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Additional consideration may be given for higher education levels than listed above.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org